The Apple MacBook Air "Core i5" 1.4 11-Inch (Early 2014/Haswell) features a 22-nm "Haswell" 1.4 GHz Intel "Core i5" processor (4260U) with two independent processor "cores" on a single chip, a 3 MB shared level 3 cache, and an "integrated" Intel HD Graphics 5000 graphics processor that shares system memory.
This all is packed in a razor thin (0.11-0.68 inch), 2.3 pound, aluminum case with an integrated 720p "FaceTime HD" webcam, a backlit full-size keyboard and an 11.6" widescreen TFT LED backlit active-matrix "glossy" display (1366x768 native resolution).
Connectivity includes 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, analog audio out, a "Thunderbolt" port, and two USB 3.0 ports.
Compared to its predecessor, this model is practically identical -- with the same design and architecture -- but it has a faster processor, longer reported battery life (due to OS X improvements rather than hardware), and a few, but not many, different identifiers, as well.
Battery and Power
- Up to 9 hours wireless web
- Up to 9 hours iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days standby time
- Built‑in 38‑watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management; MagSafe 2 power port
Graphics and Video Support
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three‑finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities